About How to make Papaya Halwa Recipe or Papite Ka Halwa Recipe:
Papaya halwa or papite ka halwa is Indian dessert made form ripe papaya fruit. Though it takes some time to cook (especially when you are not using grated payapa) but is one of those dishes which are very easy to make. You can use oil for cooking grated papaya but I prefer Ghee as it further enhance the taste of halwa. To make it more rich, I have used milk, crushed almonds and some raisins. You can add cashew and keshar as well. To give it a nice look, you can use food color.
You can vary the quantity of sugar depending upon the sweetness of the papaya. I would prefer using ripe papaya as then you have to add very less sugar. I had recently prepared couple of more halwa recipes like Lauki Ka Halwa, Mixed Fruit Halwa. If you are looking for some more sweet recipes then you can check out ‘Sweet Dishes‘ section as well.
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Servings|
|10 mins||30 to 40 mins||3|
- 1 Grated Papaya
- 1/2 cup of Raisins
- 6 to 8 crushed Almonds
- 4 Cardamom
- Sugar or Jaggery as per taste
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 1 to 2 tsp of Ghee
- Food Color (Optional)
- Keshar (Optional)
1. Rinse the papaya and slice it in small pieces. Remove the seeds and then grate the slices to make a fine paste.
2. Heat 1 to 2 tsp of Ghee in a pan or kadai and then add 4 cardamoms. Make sure to slit the cardamoms from middle before adding. Saute this for a minute until you get a nice aroma of cardamom and ghee.
3. Next, add the grated papaya and allow it to cook on low flame for 10 to 15 mins until the color changes to light brown and papaya oose out the water and becomes more thick. Keep stirring in between to avoid any burning.
4. Add around 6 to 7 tsp of sugar and mix it well. Cook it for around 6 to 7 mins on a medium high flame. Keep stirring. If required you can use jaggery instead of sugar.
5. After around 7 mins, you will see that the ghee will begin to separate from papaya halwa.
6. Add around 1 glass of milk to the cooked papaya and cook it for around 10 mins until the halwa becomes more thick. Ensure to keep stirring in between.
7. By now halwa will become more thick, so add around 1/2 cup of raisins and 6 to 8 crushed almonds. Mix it well and cook it for another 1 to 2 mins.
8. And the papaya halwa will be ready. Serve this hot/warm to your dear ones. If required you can refrigerate it and can make papya halwa barfi as well from this.
Hope you liked this recipe. Subscribe us on YouTube and follow us on Facebook for more such delicious recipes.
You are invited to join our Facebook Group as well.
SHOP THE ONLINE MEGASTORE WITH THE FREE FLIPKART ANDROID APP. CHOOSE FROM THE MASSIVE SELECTION OF ORIGINAL PRODUCTS IN FASHION, ELECTRONICS, BOOKS, MOBILES AND OTHER CATEGORIES.
Click Below to download the app for free: