About Lahori Poori or Meethi (Sweet) Puri Recipe:
Lahori Puri or Poori is one dish which is quite new for me and I really enjoyed making this. Recently, I prepared it on weekend and I was so amazed to see the response from my family. I got mixed reviews from all the family members. This is not like a simple puri or a regular meethi (sweet) puri (poori) which we make in our home. Mixed dough of Semolina and flour rolled in circular shape, deep fried and dipped in sugar syrup makes it unique in taste. I used mixed powder of cinnamon stick and green cardamom to tastes it better and a bit different from other meethi puris. Though sweet in taste but goes very well with chole or any vegetable recipe.
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Servings|
|65 mins||20 mins||8 puris|
- 1 bowl of Flour (wheat)
- 1/2 bowl of Semolina
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp of Cooking Powder
- 1 tsp of Mixed powder of Cinnamon and Cardamom (3 inch Cinnamon and 6 Green Cardamom)
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1 bowl of Milk
- 1/2 tsp of Fennel Seeds
1. Take wheat flour and semolina in a big bowl and add baking powder, cooking soda, fennel seeds, powdered mixture of cinnamon stick and cardamom, salt and milk. Crumble it together and then add water as per the need to make a tight dough.
2. Keep the dough for an hour so that it can puff properly.
3. In the meanwhile, take 4 cups of water in a deep vessel and add fennel seeds, cardamom and sugar to form sugar syrup. Boil it until the content halves or its consistency becomes thick.
4. Store it in another vessel in which puris will be dipped later and for now allow the syrup to become cool.
5. Cut the dough in equal pieces and make small round balls.
6. Roll the dough balls in round puris and then fry them in oil on high flame initially and them on low flame. This will help puris to become crispy.
7. Now dip these puris in the sugar syrup and immediately take out in a separate plate.
8. And the delicious, lip smacking lahori puri will be ready. Serve these lahori puris with chole or any vegetable dish.
Hope you liked this recipe. Subscribe us on YouTube and follow us on Facebook for more such delicious recipes.
You are invited to join our Facebook Group as well.