About Hari Lal Mirch Ka Achaar or Instant Chilli Pickle Recipe or Ready To Eat Achaar Recipes:
Breakfast, lunch or dinner without pickle or achaar is incomplete and there is no comparison of homemade pickles with the ones you buy from market. But making a pickle at times could be a very lengthy process specially when you are making Sun pickles. I remember my grandmother used to prepare and mix all the spices and then keep it for long hours on terrace to get the proper sun light. Sun pickles are usually fermented and can take 3 days to a week to a month. But what if you don’t have any pickle at your home and want something instantly ? The dish which I am going to explain over here is known as Hot Chilli Pickle or Mirch Ka Achar which you can make it in almost 15 to 20 mins and can have it once cooked.
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Servings|
|5 mins||15 mins||2|
- 2 to 4 tsp of Oil
- 1 tsp of Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp of Ajwain Seeds
- 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds
- 1 to 2 tsp of Fennel Seeds
- 1 tsp of Cumin Powder
- 1 small tsp of Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp of Red Chilli Powder
- 1 small tsp of Mango Powder
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tsp of Vinegar
- 5 to 6 Red and Green Chillies
- Lemon (Optional)
1. On a medium flame, heat 2 tsp of oil in fry pan.
2. Once oil is hot then add 1 tsp of mustard seeds and allow it to crackle.
3. Now add 1 tsp of ajwain seeds, 1 tsp of cumin seeds and 1 to 2 tsp of fennel seeds and fry it for 2 to 3 mins.
4. Once fried, add 1 tsp of cumin powder, turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Allow it to cook for another 3 to 4 mins.
5. Add 1 tsp of mango powder and salt as per taste. Mix it well and cook it for another 1 min. Then add 2 tsp of vinegar and cook the spices for 3 mins.
6. Once cooked, take the spices out in a separate plate.
7. Now wash and wipe the red and green chilies so that no moisture is left on them. Slit the chilies from middle but make sure to not cut in halves. To make the pickle extra hot, you can keep the chilli seeds or else remove it.
8. Stuff the slit chillies with the cooked spices.
9. Now take a pan and heat 2 tsp of oil. Once oil is hot, saute the stuffed chillies.
10. And instant ready to heat hot chilli pickle or mirch ka achaar will be ready. If you want you can add lemon juice on the top of the pickle. Serve this pickle with paratha, rice, thepla. You can store this pickle in refrigerator in an air tight container and can use it for couple of months.
Hope you liked this recipe. Subscribe us on YouTube and follow us on Facebook for more such delicious recipes.
You are invited to join our Facebook Group as well.