About Egg Samosa Recipe:
Well, who does not like Samosas? I asked this question to many of my colleagues and friends and trust me, most of them answered “I like it very much”. This little survey compelled me to try this recipe at home. But I wanted to try something new rather than going with potatoes or aloo stuffing. So thought of changing whole point of adding any veggi and went far to add Eggs. I tried it and it turned really good. Stuffing was exactly like any egg patties.
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Servings|
|15 mins||20 to 25 mins||4|
- 4 Boiled Eggs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric (Haldi)
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Mango Powder (Amchur)
- Oil to fry
- 1 bowl All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 4 to 5 Curry leaves
To Make Dough:
1. Take All-Purpose flour, salt, red chilli powder and oil in a bowl. Crumble it with soft hands. Adjust the quantity of water and knead it to form a tight dough. This dough will be used to form outer layer of samosa.
To Make Stuffing:
1. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and curry leaves. Let it crackle.
2. Add onion to the pan and fry it until its cooked.
3. Once Onion is cooked, add salt as per taste, red chilli powder, a little amount of turmeric powder and mango powder. Cook all the ingredients by mixing and stirring it continuously.
4. Oil will start to set free, once all the ingredients of the pan is cooked. Now add garam masala and mix it properly. This will make the stuffing flavorsome.
5. Add sliced and cubed Egg to the masala and mix it properly.
6. A nice aroma will come after mixing all the ingredients required for stuffing. Now take it out in a plate and let it cool.
To Make Samosa:
1. Cut dough/aata prepared in Dough Making section, in small pieces and make ball with it.
2. Take each ball/loi and roll it to make a round shaped bread or roti. Cut this bread into two halves by slitting it from center.
3. Now make cone using the half bread as shown in the video and stuff the empty cone with the egg and masala mixture prepared in Stuffing section.
4. Join the two ends, opened for stuffing, using your finger tips. If it does not join properly then apply little amount of water using your fingertip or brush around circumference of cone and press both the edges.
5. Prepare rest of the samosa following steps 1,2,3 and 4.
1. Heat the oil for deep frying in a deep frying pan. Once the oil becomes hot gently slide the prepared stuffed samosas & quickly reduce the flame to low.
2. Turn over in between and fry the samosas till golden. Drain samosas on paper towels to remove excess oil.
3. Egg samosa will be ready to serve. Enjoy this tasty and delicious snack with coriander chutney, saunth (tamarind chutney) and tomato ketchup. This samosa can be used as a substitute of Egg Patties. Although taste of the samosas differ from place to place but this one tastes exactly like the egg patties I had in my last trip to Chennai.
Hope you liked this recipe. Subscribe us on YouTube and follow us on Facebook for more such delicious recipes.
You are invited to join our Facebook Group as well.