About Vegan Curd Recipe:
Lassi, Ice Cream, butter milk and recipes made using Vegan Curd or Vegan Yogurt are very popular nowadays. I had a request to prepare vegan curd/yogurt from one of our viewers and hence preparing this recipe from scratch. Here we are using Chilli stems to form curd from the mylk. Mylk is the vegan milk i.e. milk formed by peanut, rice, soya bean, cachew and coconut. Temperature and humidity plays a big role in the formation of curd as this is not a normal curd formed by milk.
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Servings|
|Soak peanuts for 5 to 8 hours||10 mins||5|
- 200 gm Peanuts
- 7 to 8 Green Chilli Stem
1. Soak the peanuts overnight. Wash and drain it with fresh water.
2. Grind the peanuts to make a fine paste. Add more water and blend it till it froths and gives a nice peanut milk.
3. Cook the peanut milk for 4 to 5 minutes on medium flame. Stir it to prevent burning at the bottom.
4. Add the top of green chilies with stem to the mylk and boil it. The mylk will start to thicken while boiling. Let it cook for 4 to 5 more minutes and switch off the flame.
5. Filter the mylk to remove any scum present in it.
6. Allow the mylk to cool at body temperature and set the curd in a container. Cover it tightly and keep it in little warm and undisturbed place as Curd will not be able to set in cold temperature.
1. This curd will not taste better plain. So one can add sugar or jaggery or salt to prepare any dish like Chach, Lassi, Kadhi and Raita.
2. If Scum quantity is more then extract the scum and use it to make Chutney.
Hope you liked this recipe. Subscribe us on YouTube and follow us on Facebook for more such delicious recipes.
You are invited to join our Facebook Group as well.