About Mango Khurma Recipe:
Every one knows how good mango is when it comes to taste but I think only few are aware of the health benefit Mango contains.This delicious fruit or I would say the “King Of Fruits” helps to lower the cholesterol and is a good source of Vitamin A which is important for the eyes. So I thought to play around with this recipe and prepare one of the famous dish known as Mango Khurma (also known as Pachadi in South and Ambal in Jammu). My kids love this recipe as it’s Sweet and Sour in taste. Cooking mango with the rich content of spices makes it unique. It’s very easy to make and goes well as a sider. You can have this at any time.
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Servings|
|5 mins||25 mins||3 to 4|
- 1 tsp of Oil
- 2 Mangoes cut vertically in small size
- 1 Red Chilli
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 to 2 tsp of Fennel Seeds
- Salt as per taste
- 3 to 4 crushed Green Cardamom
- 1 cup of Water
- 1 to 2 tsp of Red Chilli Powder
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 1 to 2 tsp of Corn Flour
1. Heat 1 tsp of Oil in a pan.
2. Once oil is hot, add red chilli, bay leaf and saute it for 10 to 15 secs.
3. Next add fennel seeds and mango pieces. Fry this for around 2 mins.
4. Now add 1 to 2 tsp of Salt (as per your taste) followed by crushed green cardamom. Make sure to remove the outer skin of cardamom before crushing.
5. Fry it for 2 to 3 mins and then add 1 to 2 tsp of red chilli powder. Mix it well and add 1 cup of water. Cover this with lid and allow it to cook for 10 to 15 mins.
6. In a separate cup, prepare a mixture of corn flour and water.
7. After 15 mins, remove the lid and add the mixture of corn flour and water in the cooked mango. Mix it well and then add 1 cup of Sugar. Cook this for another 10 mins and Mango Khurma will be ready. Serve this either hot or cold with Chapati.
You can adjust the quantity of Sugar and Salt as per the taste.
Hope you liked this recipe. Subscribe us on YouTube and follow us on Facebook for more such delicious recipes.
You are invited to join our Facebook Group as well.