About Aloo Gobi Recipe with Mutter (Matar):
Aloo gobi mutter is one of the finest North Indian curries that goes well with hot steamed rice, jeera rice, roti, and naan. It can be prepared quite quickly, and the vegetables like cauliflower, potatoes, and green peas are widely available in the local markets.
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Servings|
|15 mins||30 mins||4|
- Cauliflower florets – 2 cups
- Peeled and chopped potatoes – 2 cups
- Frozen green peas – 1 cup
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 3 finely chopped tomatoes
- Turmeric – 1 Tbsp
- Kashmiri red chilli powder – 1 Tbsp
- Green chilli – 3 pieces
- Coriander powder – 1 Tbsp
- Sahi kala jeera – 1 Tbsp
- Garam masala – 1 Tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 Tbsp
- Hing (asafoetida)
- Ginger garlic paste
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Salt – to taste
1. Wash, rinse and chop the potatoes and cauliflower (Gobi). Once chopped, keep the cauliflower florets and potatoes in the salted water for 10 to 15 mins.
2. Take 2 onions and tomatoes and chop them in small pieces. Create a smooth paste by blending the finely chopped tomatoes, onions, coriander leaves, pepper, ginger garlic paste, salt and green chilli in blender.
3. Take a pan and add 2 to 3 Tbsp of oil. Heat the oil and add 2 Tbsp of sahi kala jeera, hing (asafoetida) and fry it on a medium flame.
4. After half a minute, add the chopped onions, few pinches of salt and fry it until it turns light golden brown. Then add ginger garlic paste and fry it for another 2 mins.
5. After 2 mins, add the tomato onion paste prepared earlier, followed by turmeric, garam masala, cumin powder, Kashmiri red chilly powder, and salt (to taste).
6. Fry the above spices for around 6 to 7 mins until the oil starts leaving the mixture. Do not add any water as tomatoes itself contains lot of moisture. Make sure that the mixture does not stick to the pan.
7. After around 7 mins, add cauliflower florets and chopped potatoes, and cook it for around 5 mins. Once cauliflower and potatoes have been cooked to around 60%, add the green peas and mix it well.
8. Cover this with lid and allow it to cook for another 7 to 8 mins on low to medium flame. Make sure to stir the curry in between.
9. Once cooked, garnish it with coriander leaves, mint (if required), and lemon. Serve it with hot steam rice or chapatti.
Hope you liked this recipe. Subscribe us on YouTube and follow us on Facebook for more such delicious recipes.
You are invited to join our Facebook Group as well.