About Capsicum Beans Dry Sabzi Recipe:
Quite often people don’t like beans or capsicum dishes, specially young ones. My wife came up with a very splendid idea of mixing beans, capsicum, tomato with vinegar and sugar. Well, she tried and believe me, it came out awesome. This recipe is easy to prepare and can be served with chapatis, parathas, puris in lunch, breakfast and dinner.
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Servings|
|15 mins||20 mins||2|
- Hot Curry Powder (optional)
- Soya Sauce
- Salt as per taste
- Sugar as per taste (preferably 2 tsp)
- Capsicum/Bell Pepper – 2 medium chopped
- Tomatoes – 4 chopped in medium size
- French Beans – 9 sticks chopped in medium size
- Onion – 1 chopped in medium size
- Garlic cloves
- Pinch of Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp of Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp of Corn Flour
- 2 tsp of Honey
- 2 to 3 dry Red Chilles
- 3 finely Chopped Green Chillies
- Coriander Leaves
- Sesame Seeds
1. Heat 2 tsp of oil in a fry pan or large saucepan and gently fry the onion for around a minute, stirring frequently and ensure the onion remains crispy and not become soft.
2. Add medium chopped capsicum/bell pepper, french beans, garlic leaves and cook for 3 minutes, stirring all the time.
3. Take the fried mixture of capsicum/bell pepper, french beans, garlic leaves in a separate plate and in the same fry pan, add 2 to 3 tsp of oil and heat it for around a minute. Once oil is slightly hot, add 2 to 3 dry red chillies and fry it for few secs until the color changes to dark red. Then Add finely chopped green chillies, fry it and then add tomatoes, salt, sugar and mix it properly. Cook this on low flame for around 4 mins and ensure to stir it frequently so that it
doesn’t get burn.
4. Once tomatoes are cooked, then mash them properly and add vinegar, soya sauce, honey, corn flour, red chilly powder and turmeric. Mix it properly and cook it for around 5 mins until you get the nice aroma.
5. Now add the fried capsicum/bell pepper, french beans, garlic leaves which was kept aside with the mixture of mashed tomatoes, vinegar, soya sauce, honey, corn flour, red chilly powder and turmeric and mix it well. Cook this on low flame for around 7 to 8 mins until capsicum and beans are cooked, but ensure to not to loose the crisps of onion, french beans and capsicum. Make sure to stir it frequently.
6. And Capsicum, French beans jugalbandi will be ready to serve. Add coriander’s leaves and sesame seeds and serve with love to your dear ones. This goes very well with Butter Naan, Chapati or parathas.
Hope you liked this recipe. Subscribe us on YouTube and follow us on Facebook for more such delicious recipes.
You are invited to join our Facebook Group as well.