About Achari Baingan Recipe:
Achari Baingan (eggplant or aubergine) is one of the delicious dry recipes which you can have it in lunch or in dinner with chapatis. I usually prefer to eat this dish in dinner. There are so many ways to cook baingan (eggplant) and this is one of those. By the way don’t think that you have to prepare the baingan pickles first. The spices which we need to use in this recipe is more of what we need to make pickle. Quick to prepare and a bit spicy and savory in taste, I
am sure it will really going to touch your soul and you will love to make this again and again.
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Servings|
|10 mins||15 mins||3|
- 1 large size Brinjal/Eggplant/Aubergine or 6 small Brinjal
- 1 tbsp of Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp of Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp of Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tbsp of Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tbsp of Fennel Seeds
- 1/2 tbsp of Ajwain
- 1/4 tbsp of Fenugreek Seeds
- 2 tbsp of Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tbsp of Cumin Powder
- 2 Finely of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of Water
- 1/2 tbsp of Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp of Lemon Juice
- Salt as per taste
1. Cut the brinjal in cubes and spread turmeric powder, chilli powder and mix it well.
2. Heat 3 tbsp oil in a large pan and fry the brinjal cubes for around 5 mins and take it out in a separate plate.
3. Take a pan and heat 2 tbsp oil. Once oil is hot add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, ajwain and fenugreek seeds. Let it crackle for a minute.
4. Lower down the flame and add coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder and red chilli powder to the pan. Fry all the ingredients properly.
5. Add chopped tomatoes and little amount of water to it. Cook it for 4-5 minutes.
6. Put garam masala and 2 tbsp of lemon juice and mix it. Once all the ingredients in the pan start to leave oil, add fried aubergine and mix it well. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes and the Achari Baingan will be ready.
7. Garnish it with cilantro and serve it hot with bread or chapatis.
Hope you liked this recipe. Subscribe us on YouTube and follow us on Facebook for more such delicious recipes.
You are invited to join our Facebook Group as well.