About Tandoori Chicken Recipe:
Tandoori chicken also known as Sahi Murgh or Murgh Tandoor is a mouth watering delicious dish originated in Punjab way before the independence of India. This dish is not only popular in Asian countries like India, China, Malaysia but as well in the Middle East and in the western part of the world. Tandoori Chicken is created by roasting the chicken with yogurt and authenticated Indian spices.So let’s see how to make lip smacking tandoori chicken dish.
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Servings|
|4 hours for marination.||30 - 45 mins||2|
- Chicken: 4 pieces
- Curd: 1 Cup
- Ginger Garlic Paste: 2 tb sp
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder : 2 tb sp (depending upon taste)
- Garam Masala: 1 tb sp
- Tandoori Powder: 1 tb sp
- Turmeric Powder: 1 tb sp
- Big Cardamom: 3 tb sp
- Oil: 1 tb sp
- Salt: 1 tb sp (depending upon taste)
- Lemon: 1 piece
- Mango Powder: 1 tb sp
- Grinded Corriander: 1 tb sp
- Orange Colour: ½ tb sp
- Coriander Leaves
- Gram Flour: 2 tb sp
- Azwain Seeds: 1and half tb sp
1. Wash and soak Chicken pieces. Make notches in the chicken pieces to marinate it from inside too.
2. Add ginger-garlic paste, yogurt, turmeric powder, garam masala, grinded whole coriander, Kashmiri red chilli, 4 big cardamoms, tandoori powder, mango powder, salt, juice of half lemon, orange colour and mix it properly. This mixture works great to tenderize the chicken.
3. Now, prepare a mixture of gram flour, ajwain seeds and sunflower oil in a pan and cook it until the colour of gram flour is slightly brown. Keep the pan on low flame as it might burn the gram flour.
4. Add this mixture prepared in Step 3. to the marinated chicken. Once all the ingredients are mixed properly, add 1 tsp oil and mix it well. Keep the marinated chicken for 4 hours.
5. After 4 hours, preheat the oven at 220 degree celsius for at least 15 minutes. Prepare the baking tray with foil and grease it properly. Place the marinated chicken over the baking tray.
Note: Make sure that the extra marinated mixture should be drip off into the bowl before putting the chicken on the tray.
6. Place the tray in the oven and bake it for 15 mins. After 15 mins, take out the tray and flip the chicken pieces. Once flipped add the oil to all the pieces and again bake it for 10 mins.
7. Take out the tray after 10 mins but do keep a watch to make sure the pieces are not overheated.
8. Serve Chicken Tandoor with garnished coriander leaves, lemon and onions.
Keep cooking, keep loving and keep smiling.
Hope you liked this recipe. Subscribe us on YouTube and follow us on Facebook for more such delicious recipes.
You are invited to join our Facebook Group as well.