About Moong Dal Ke Pakode Recipe:
I am not very fond of dal and avoid eating with rice or chapatis but when I first ate this moong dal ke pakode, I was amazed to see how dal can be used to make this delicious recipe. I got to learn this from my Wife and interestingly she had added Urad Dal to make this crispy. Definitely urad dal plays a role of silent hero in this recipe. Not only me but my kids also loved this (see the below pics :)). To make this recipe, make sure to soak the moong dal and urad dal overnight for 5 hours. Moong dal ke pakode goes very well with tomato ketchup, coriander chutney and hot tea.
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Servings|
|5 hours to soak moong dal and urad dal. 5 minutes to make the paste/batter||10 mins||3|
- 1 cup of Moong Dal (Split Green Gram)
- 1/4 cup of Urad Dal
- 4 to 5 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Green chillies chopped in small to medium size
- 1 inch Ginger
- Salt as per taste
- 1/4 tsp of asafoetida (hing)
- Oil sufficient enough to fry pakoda/bhajiya
1. Soak moong dal and urad dal overnight for 5 hours in cold water.
2. Once soaked, drain the water completely and them in the grinder. Next add garlic cloves, green chillies, ginger, salt, asafoetida in the grinder and make
a fine paste/batter.
3. Heat the oil in a pan for deep frying.
4. Drop spoonfuls of moong dal paste/batter in the medium hot oil and fry till these becomes crisp and golden in color.
5. Remove extra oil by tissue paper/paper napkin and serve with tomato ketchup, coriander chutney and hot tea.
Hope you liked this recipe. Subscribe us on YouTube and follow us on Facebook for more such delicious recipes.
You are invited to join our Facebook Group as well.