About Methi Mushroom Recipe:
Methi Mushroom recipe comes with some BIG flavor, and isn’t as spicy as most of Indian curries are. Since it contains Mushrooms and Methi (i.e. Fenugreek leaves), I call it as Methi Mushroom Curry. This recipe can be served in lunch or dinner and goes well with chapatis or jeera rice.
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Servings|
|10 mins||20 mins||4|
- 1 Pack of Button Mushroom cut in quarter
- 2 tsp of Dry Methi Leaves
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies finely chopped
- 1 tsp crushed Ginger-Garlic paste
- Oil as needed
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 cup of Curd/Yogurt
- Water as needed
- 1 big Cardamom
- 2 to 3 Green Cardamom
- 2 to 3 Cloves
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 1 tsp of Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Garam Masala
- Sweet Cream for serving (optional)
1. Marinate the mushroom using yogurt and salt. Set it aside for 15 minutes.
2. Heat 2 tsp of oil in a deep pan. Once heated add cloves, green cardamom, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, big cardamom and stir till the spices start to pop.
3. Add green chillies and fry it. Now add ginger-garlic paste and saute it till it’s raw taste of ginger-garlic goes away. To the spices, add onion and cook it for a while.
4. Once onion is cooked, add tomatoes, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilly powder and salt and mix it properly. Cover it with lid and cook it on low flame till oil leaves from the sides of the whole mixture. Stir it in frequently to avoid any burning.
5. Once spices are cooked properly, add some water to it as per your requirement and put 2 tsp of dry methi leaves and saute it well.
6. Add marinated Mushroom and Garam Masala to the cooked mixture of Methi and Spices. Leave it on the low medium flame till the Mushrooms are cooked.
7. Serve hot with roti, naan or jeera-rice
Hope you liked this recipe. Subscribe us on YouTube and follow us on Facebook for more such delicious recipes.
You are invited to join our Facebook Group as well.