About Chana Chaat Recipe:
Chana Chaat or Chickpeas Chaat is one of the famous street foods of India. This can be made in variety of ways like adding boiled potatoes. It’s quick and easy to make and is my favorite. It is not only tasty but also low-fat and gluten free. You can serve this as a snacks, starter or even in lunch.
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Servings|
|10 mins||5 mins||2|
- 2 cups boiled chickpeas (garbanzo or chole or kabuli chana)
- 3-4 tsp Mixture of Tamarind + 1 tsp Sugar + 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp of Chaat Masala
- Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1 finely chopped Green Chilli
1. Soak 2 cups of Chickpeas in water for five hours or more. After Soaking, drain the water and cook the chickpeas in pressure cooker on low-medium heat with 2-3 cups of water. For boiling chickpeas quickly, add salt and cooking soda. Make sure that chickpeas are not over boiled.
(For soft water, boil it for 6-8 whistles and for hard water , boil it for 13-15 whistles.)
2. Take a bowl and soak tamarind with luke warm water. Mash the Tamarind to make a fine paste and add salt followed by few pinches of sugar. After mixing them, keep it aside.
3. Add salty boiled chickpeas in a bowl and add the tamarind mixture to it.
4. Put chopped onion, tomatoes and chaat masala. Mix all the ingredients again. Add chopped coriander leaves (Cilantro).
5. To make it extra spicy, add chopped green chilli and serve it. You can also add red chilli powder to make it even more spicy 🙂
Hope you liked this recipe. Subscribe us on YouTube and follow us on Facebook for more such delicious recipes.
You are invited to join our Facebook Group as well.